Friday, August 16, 2013

thankful

This last month has been a bit of a whirlwind for my family what with a camping trip, Baby's first birthday party (I guess I'll have to come up with a new alias for him since he's not a "baby" anymore), a quick trip to Los Alamos to visit family, and then more family visiting us.  But looking back, I'm thankful for each individual trip/event-- God has been so gracious and good to us to bless us with so much family who love us and want to be involved in our lives, wonderful friends to share a birthday with, and gorgeous scenery and the great outdoors to enjoy.  Despite short periods when I wished we weren't doing one or another of our trips, I know we will have fond memories for many, many, years to come.
Trinity Alps, California
Certainly one of the dirtiest camping trip I've been on!
A joint birthday party for three little friends, all turning one.
What are little boys made of?  why, Frogs, and Snails, and Puppy Dog tails, of course!
The cake was certainly squishy and fun...
...but it makes more sense that you're supposed to eat it if you have a fork!
Fun times with aunts!  So sad the times are few and far between
My parents' tree was knocked down by a hailstorm, so Mr. L got to use a chain saw and help remove it.
Beautiful Los Alamos ski area.
And last, but not least, a birthday visit from Baby's paternal grandparents.
Truly, we are blessed with so many things to keep us busy, and I am thankful!  I'm also thankful for, and looking forward to, having nothing major planned over the next several months. I'm sure there will be plenty of ordinary everyday things to occupy our time and to be thankful for.

No comments: